Massage Therapists – Job Description
Massage therapists are individuals who specialize in relieving tension and pain through massage therapy. Massage therapist use their hands to manipulate the soft tissues of the body to relieve pain, reduce stress, improve circulation, and help manage chronic pain.
Massage therapy can be used to help break up muscle tension and reduce the risk of injury. These specialists are experts in relieving pain and stress while improving circulation and managing chronic pain.
The term “massage therapy” is used for either non-medical or medical treatment depending on the person’s needs. The general purpose of massage therapy is to alleviate pain and improve mobility like in people with arthritis or fibromyalgia and professional massage therapist do that through various forms of massage such as Swedish, Shiatsu, Thai, or Deep Tissue.
Massage therapist usually has a lot of job skills that are not typically found in other jobs; they perform functions such as:
- Guide clients through various service options and determine which massages would best benefit them
- Talk with clients about symptoms, medical history, and desired results
- Ensuring a clean, safe, and well-organized spa facility.
- Consulting with clients to identify appropriate massage services.
- Manipulate muscles or other soft tissues of the body
- Advise clients on how to improve posture, stretching and relaxation methods.
Massage Therapists – Salary
Massage therapists work in a variety of settings, they may work for a hospital, do in-home visits, or provide services for people who are not able to leave their homes. Massage therapists often set their own hours and work by appointment, hence making the job time flexible.
How Much Do Massage Therapists Make in Florida? The estimated annual average salary for a Massage Therapist in Florida is $38,030.
The average hourly wage for a Massage Therapists in Florida is $18.29 which amounts to about $38,030 per year. The lowest 20% makes about $19,320 annually, while the highest 20% makes about $89,610 per year.