At the Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), several outstanding scholarship programs are available to attract and support international students. Among these scholarships, the Justus & Louise van Effen Scholarship stands out as a prominent opportunity.
This scholarship program is specifically designed to provide financial assistance to exceptional international students who aspire to pursue their Master’s degree at TU Delft.
Scholarship value: This prestigious scholarship covers the entire tuition fees for a Master of Science (MSc) program at TU Delft, which is determined based on the statutory fee or institutional rate, depending on the recipient’s nationality and registration status.
In addition to covering the tuition fees, the scholarship also includes a generous contribution towards the recipient’s living expenses. This financial support is designed to assist students with their day-to-day costs while studying and residing in the Netherlands during the pursuit of their MSc degree.
Application Deadline: 1 December, 2023
Country and University of Study: TU Delft, The Netherlands
Level/Field(s) of study: 2-year Regular TU Delft’s MSc programmes
Number of Scholarships: 2/3 per faculty
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must possess the following
- Be an excellent international applicant (conditionally) admitted to one of the 2-year regular TU Delft MSc programmes (not a Joint Education Programme).
- Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 80 percent or higher of the scale maximum.
- Have a bachelor degree from an internationally renowned university outside of The Netherlands.
- Have submitted a complete MSc application before the scholarship deadline.
How to Apply For Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships at TU Delft
ALL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED MUST BE SUBMITTED AT ONCE with the MSc Application
1. Complete your MSc application (check the admission requirements)
2. Upload the Scholarship Application Form
3. Upload two reference letters
- You can upload your reference letters during your MSc application (as one PDF document), according to the indicated requirement.
- You can request the reference letters from your referee(s). Fill out the information about your referee/s and invite them by using the ‘send invitation button’. The referee(s) will receive an automatic email inviting him/her to upload a reference for you.
- You can combine both procedures. E.g. 1 upload and 1 referee request.
- Reference letters will not be considered if you have already submitted your application.
- Reference letters will not be accepted after the Scholarship deadline.
4. Upload the English language certificate
Please note that Non-EU/EFTA students must include their English test with their application (if required).
All documents required for the scholarship must be submitted together with the MSc Application. After submission no additional documents can be uploaded.
For more information, visit the official scholarship webpage.