Each year, the Chancellor’s International Scholarships are awarded through a unified postgraduate research scholarship competition, and these scholarships are accessible to both International and EU students across all disciplines offered at Warwick University.
This competitive scholarship opportunity is available to exceptional students from around the globe who aspire to pursue postgraduate research programs at Warwick. By encouraging outstanding individuals to apply, the university aims to create a diverse and inclusive research community.
The Chancellor’s International Scholarships demonstrate Warwick’s commitment to fostering international collaboration and providing a world-class education to talented students from diverse backgrounds. Successful recipients of these scholarships are granted the opportunity to pursue their research interests and contribute to the advancement of knowledge in their respective fields at one of the UK’s leading research universities.
Scholarship Value: The scholarship award will include both of the following:
- The full payment of overseas tuition fees
- A maintenance stipend paid at the prevailing UKRI rates (£18,200 for 2023/24) for 3.5 years
- A Research, Training and Supporting Grant (RTSG) of £5,000
Country and University of Study: University of Warwick, UK
Application Deadline: You must submit your course application before 12 December 2022. You must the submit your scholarship application online before 14 December 2022. Deadline to submit supporting documents is 5 January 2023.
Field of study: PhD programme in any discipline offered at Warwick
Number of Scholarships: Up to 42
Scholarship Type: PhD
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- Apply for a PhD at the University of Warwick to begin in October 2023; or
- Be currently enrolled in the first year of a PhD or MPhil/PhD at the University of Warwick;
- Be assessed as ‘overseas’ for fees purposes. There are no other nationality criteria;
- Be from any discipline at Warwick.
Scholarships cannot be deferred to the next academic year.
How to Apply
We strongly advise preparing applications well in advance, noting that it is not usually possible to complete and submit an application in less than 36 hours.
- Read the Applicant Guidance Notes and PGR Ranking Criteria
- Submit your course application and upload supporting documents.
- Receive an automated e-mail with a 7 digit applicant ID number. Please allow at least 48 hours for this to arrive.
- Register your ITS applicant account.
- Submit your scholarship application by the application deadline. We regret being unable to accept late applications for any reason.
- Submit supporting documents by the supporting document deadline. We regret being unable to accept late supporting documents for any reason.
- Results of the Chancellor’s International Scholarship will be communicated by email by the start of March 2023.
For more information n this scholarship, visit the official scholarship webpage