The MasterCard Foundation, in partnership with KNUST, is offering scholarships for the upcoming academic session of 2023/2024. Applications are welcomed from interested students. Please continue reading for more information on how to apply.
Scholarship Value: This scholarship provides comprehensive financial support, covering full tuition fees, fully furnished on-campus accommodation, necessary learning materials, transportation allowance, and a monthly stipend.
In addition, recipients of the scholarship will benefit from counseling support services, career development opportunities (including industrial mentorship, career guidance, professional development, and enterprise development), regular group meetings focused on personal and professional growth, academic support through mentoring and tutoring, chances to participate in leadership congresses, community service activities, and mentoring programs like “Go-back Give-Back.”
Furthermore, there will be unique internship opportunities to enhance professional development, as well as networking opportunities with the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
Application Deadline: July 31st, 2023
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
Host Institution: Kwame Nkruma University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Ghana
Eligibility: To be qualified for this scholarship in the 2023/2024 Academic year:
- All Applicants must have a WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’Level and A’Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognized institution and Certificate Ready and must meet KNUST’s Admission Requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted. The applicant’s result must be at least a year old.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Priority shall be given to; Females Displaced Persons, (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.), Persons with Disability
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
- The Applicant must not be enrolled in any tertiary institution.
How To Apply For KNUST Master Card Foundation Scholarship
To apply for the scholarship, interested individuals should first apply for admission to the university. Follow the steps below for the admission application:
- Visit the admission application registration page at: https://apps.knust.edu.gh/admissions/apply/Account/Register
- Provide the required information and click on “generate login” to obtain your login details.
- Once you have generated your login details, visit the online admission application portal to complete your admission application.
After completing the admission application, you can proceed to apply for the scholarship by following these steps:
- Download a copy of the 2023 scholarship application form by clicking HERE
- Fill out the scholarship application form completely.
- Submit the completed scholarship application form by mailing it via EMS or any other courier service to the following address:
The Program Manager No. 1 African Hall Road Impact Building PMB, UPO KNUST, Kumasi, AK 315 4897, Ghana
Please note that when submitting your scholarship application form to the Secretariat, include the following additional documents:
- Printout of your KNUST online admission application.
- Original certificates for both O’Level and A’Level results, or their equivalent.
Make sure to submit all required documents to complete your application.